The most common procedures which urologists perform in an office setting include:
- Vasectomy or permanent male birth control
- Cystoscopy or visual scope inspection of the urethra and bladder and prostate in men
- Removal of stents
- Dilatation of the Urethra
- Urodynamic studies
The common procedures performed in an operating room setting include:
- Removal of the kidney or prostate owing to cancer
- Transurethral surgeries for benign prostate hypertrophy and bladder tumors
- Removal of kidney stones or ureteral stones
- Anti-incontinence surgeries for men and women.
- Vasectomy reversals
- Placement of penile prostheses.